Course: Planning Principles
This module aims to improve the quality of planning in Projects and Programmes delivering change.
It introduces the basic concepts and terminology of planning for Projects and Programmes and provides practice in their use.
Planning activities are placed in the context of planning, monitoring and control.
Who is the qualification for?
You will have some experience in a change situation requiring planning activities.You should also have some overview knowledge of the change process in an organisation.
Anyone whose job includes:
- project manager,
- programme manager,
- programme or project executive,
- change manager,
- programme/project office staff.
After this course you will be able to:
- Identify the requirements for effective planning.
- Prepare a product based plan with critical path analysis.
- Design a control structure (milestones and measurements) needed to use a plan to control activity.
Assessment for C4CM modules is vocational. This means you are assessed on evidence showing how you applied the concepts, skills and tools you’ve learnt to your own working environment.
You will need to:
- justify the work needed to plan activities and identify the benefits.
- Prepare a plan for a significant activity using the tools described in the course.
- Develop a control structure to enable the plan to be monitored.
Topics covered by the Course Material
- Overview of planning
- Types and levels of plan
- Primary techniques
- Planning for control