Course: Project Management Introduction
This module introduces best practice in Project Management.
It covers the language of Project Management and provides an opportunity for you to explore the application of key concepts and skills in Project Management to an activity in your organisation.
Who should take the qualification?
Anyone whose job includes:
- project manager,
- project executive,
- project board member,
- project team member,
- project office staff or manager,
- working with a project.
After this course you will be able to:
- Identify the organisation context of a project.
- Develop key project information.
- Identify and use appropriate skills and tools to create structured project documents.
Assessment for C4CM modules is vocational. This means you are assessed on evidence showing how you applied the concepts, skills and tools you’ve learnt to your own working environment.
You will need to:
- Use a workbook to describe your project context and an outline business case based on identified requirements and deliverables.
- Demonstrate key skills in planning, risk management, and communication with stakeholders.
Topics covered by the Course Material
- Context and overview of Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle
- Roles and responsibilities
- Project Governance: how to run an effective project
- Project information: the glue that binds a project